Doctor of Philosopy (PhD) for the thesis entitled ‘Synthesis, Characteization, and Biological Evaluation of Novel 5-memberd Heterocycles’ from Manipal University (2016)
- Master of Chemistry from Manipal University (2012) with CGPA 9.63
- Bachelor of Science (BZC) from Mangalore University (2010) with Distinction,91.32% (4566/5000), VI Rank with Dr.TMA Pai Gold medal in B.Sc & Vanamalidas Gokuldas Charitable Trust Cash prize in Hindi(B.Sc)
Research & Publications:
- Namratha B., Shetty Nitinkumar S., D’Souza Janice N., Gaonkar Santosh L., “Synthesis and characterization of a new series of 2-(5-bromothiophen-2-yl)-5-Substituted-1, 3, 4-oxadiazoles”, Research Journal of Chemical Sciences (International Science Congress Association), Vol 3, Issue 10,
- Santosh L. Gaonkar, Namratha B., Nitinkumar S. Shetty, Hiroki Shimizu, “Microwave-assisted synthesis and evaluation of N-substituted-thiazolidine-2,4-dione derivatives as antimicrobial agents”, Interactive Medicinal Chemistry (Herbert Open Access Journals), 2014.
- Namratha B., Nitinkumar S Shetty, Atmesh S Pednekar, Santosh L Gaonkar, “Synthesis and characterization of novel 3-substituted-2-butyl-5-chloro-imidazol-4-carbaldehyde derivatives”, International Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences (Open access), Vol 5, Issue 2, 2014.
- Namratha B., Santosh L. Gaonkar, “Synthesis and antimicrobial screening of novel 4-substituted phenyl-5-[1-(4-fluorophenyl)-1,3-dihydroisobenzofuran-5-yl]-2H-1,2,4-triazole-3-thiones”, International Scholarly Research Notices (Hindawi publication), Vol 2014,
- Namratha B., Santosh L. Gaonkar, “1,2,4-triazoles: Synthetic strategies and pharmacological profiles”, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (Innovare Academic Sciences), Vol 6, Issue 8, 2014.
- Namratha B., Santosh L. Gaonkar, “A facile synthesis of 2,5-dimethyl-N-substituted pyrroles with saccharin as a green cyclodehydrant”, Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds (Springer publication), Vol 51, Issue 4, 2015.
- Namratha, Dinesh Bilehal, ShyamKumar V., Santosh L. Gaonkar (2016), “Synthesis of new 4[4-(4-nitrophenoxy)phenyl]-5-substituted-2H-1,2,4-triazole-3-thiones and their evaluation as anthelmintics”, Research on Chemical Intermediates (Springer), Vol 42, pp. 1885-1897.
- Namratha B., Santosh L. Gaonkar (2016), “Anthelmintic and antibacterial screening of a new series of N-[4-(4-nitrophenoxy)phenyl]-4-(substituted)-1,3-thiazol-2-amines”, Russian Journal of Bioorganic Chemistry (Springer), Vol 42, Issue 2, pp. 233-237.
- Namratha B., NitinKumar S. Shetty, Santosh L. Gaonkar (2016), “Synthesis and antibacterial screening of few new 5-membered heterocyclic sugar hydrazones”, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research (Innovare Academic Sciences) , Vol 9, Issue 3, pp. 1-4.
- Namratha B., Santosh L. Gaonkar, “Synthesis and ealuation of Some N-substituted 2,5-dimethyl pyrroles as anthelmintics and antibacterials” International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (Innovare Academic Sciences) (Under Press)
- Participated in the summer school on ‘Chemistry & Biology’ at Poornaprajna Institute of Scientific Research, Bengaluru on 5th-9th June, 2011
- Participated in the National Symposium on Chemistry & Humanity at Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal on 11th-12th July 2011
- Oral Presentation in the International Conference on Recent Advances In Material Science & Technology-2013 held at Chemistry Department, NITK, Surathkal, partly supported by DRDO & CSIR on 17th-19th Jan, 2013
- Participated in the 20th National Conference on Liquid Crystals (NCLC-2013) at M.I.T., Manipal supported by DST, DRDO & CSIR on 16th-18th Dec, 2013
- Oral Presentation in the National Conference On World’s Emerging Advancements In Chemical Technology (WeACT2014) at Govinda Dasa First Grade College, Surathkal, sponsored by UGC on 10th– 11th January, 2014
- Oral Presentation in the National Seminar on New Vistas in Sustainable Development at Sri Bhuvanendra College, Karkala, sponsored by UGC on 17th-18th Feb, 2014
- Oral Presentation in the National Conference On Current Trends in Scientific Research for Engineering Applications (NCSEA2014) at Joseph Engineering College, Vamanjoor, Mangalore on 17th– 18th July, 2014
- A UGC sponsored Poster Presentation in the National Conference on Pure and Applied Chemistry(NACOPAC-2014) at Department of Studies in Chemistry, Manasagangotri, Mysuru on 29th-31st December, 2014
- Delegate at Manipal Research Colloquium-2015 held at Manipal on 6th- 8th April, 2015
- Oral Presentation in the National Conference On Chemistry and Life sponsored by UGC at Poornaprajna College, Udupi on 7th -8th August, 2015
- Oral Presentation in the National Conference on Recent Trends in Chemical Science, Manipal University, Manipal, 11th-12th January, 2016
- Participated in the Workshop on ‘Public Awareness Programme’ conducted by MCF Mangalore and UGC at Govinda Dasa College, Surathkal on 14th December, 2016
- Oral Presentation in the National Workshop on Repositioning Quality Culture in Higher Education-Concerns and Challenges sponsored by UGC at Govinda Dasa College, Surathkal on 14th-15th February, 2018
- Participated in the National Webinar on Post Covid Scenario-Role of Teachers in Building Future Generation by MGM, College, Udupi on 1st June, 2020
- Participated in the Webinar on Importance of Skill Education & Entrepreneurship: BSDU Model by Ministry of HRD initiatives on 2nd June, 2020
- Participated in the Webinar on Natural Nano Materials Chemistry Exemplified by Cellulosic Fibres & Products by Department of Chemistry, Reva University on 14th June, 2020
- Participated in the National Webinar on Impact of Covid-19 on Indian Higher Education by Government First Grade College, Vijayanagara, Bangalore on 18th June, 2020
- Participated in the Webinar on ‘Learning in the Digital Age’-Opportunities and Challenges by GDC, Surathkal on 20th June, 2020
- Participated in the National Webinar on Self Analysis during Pandemic by SDM College of Business Management on 30th June, 2020
- Participated in the International Webinar on Tech for good-Using technology to make a better world by SDM College of Business Management on 4th July, 2020
- Joseph Engineering College, Vamanjoor, Mangalore on 13th July, 2020
- Participated in the International Virtual Conference on Applied Science, Technology Management and Language Studies by Sona College of technology, Chennai on 11th and 12th Dec, 2020
- Participated in the national webinar on Research articles writing and Journal Publication in Scopus and SCI Journals by Sri Krishna Aditya College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore on 16th Feb, 2021
- Participated and won prizes in story writing competitions
- Published stories in Taranga and Tushara magazines
- Published stories and articles in Udayavani and Vijayavani newspapers
- Translated a book ‘Ayurveda – Arogya Sanjeevini’ from Kannada to English. This has the blurb of Padma Bhushan Dr. B. M. Hegde.
- Regular visitor to Mangalore Akashavani for giving talks on various topics (English, Hindi, and Kannada)
Major responsibilities in the college
- Placement officer for MSc Chemistry
- Member of website committee